On-Campus Nursing Simulation Labs
We know experiential learning is essential for creating practice-ready nurses. Our state-of-the-art nursing skills and simulation laboratory, which features advanced medical training equipment, allows you to safely apply the nursing concepts you learned online.
During your lab work, you will work alongside your instructors to gain hands-on nursing skills practice using two types of high-tech medical manikins: A task trainer for learning such skills as injections, and a high-fidelity human patient simulator that can realistically simulate a wide variety of bodily functions as well as react to medication.
Our nursing skills and simulation labs help you develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills in a controlled, risk-free environment. You are able to make and correct mistakes without putting anyone in danger. As a result, you can begin your clinical rotations feeling prepared to work alongside actual RNs and provide patient care.
Simulation Labs Provide Dose of Reality
Our nursing simulation labs get you as close as possible to genuine patient-care situations, affording you the skills and confidence necessary to succeed during your clinical rotations.
Our high-fidelity human patient simulators allow you to:
- Participate in hands-on learning strategies that are similar to clinical experiences.
- Apply basic skills like checking vital signs and monitoring blood pressure.
- Practice responding to acute and critical events in a controlled, safe environment.
- Evaluate various patient-care scenarios and administer proper treatment.
- Learn from mistakes and effectively correct them with the supervision of faculty.
- Experience scenarios that focus on understanding collaborating with a team.
When it comes to approaching your nursing simulation labs, we encourage you to ask as many questions as possible and realize it is ok to make mistakes, since that is often the best way to learn.
Contact our enrollment specialists today to learn more about our nursing simulation labs.