Admission Requirements for Concordia University’s Accelerated BSN Program
Our enrollment specialists are here to answer your questions and discuss the specific eligibility requirements of the ABSN program, which includes the completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to enrollment. If you meet the admission criteria and want to apply to the program, you are assigned a dedicated specialist who will help walk you through every step of the pre-enrollment process.
Accelerated BSN Admission Requirements
Students seeking admission to the ABSN program may be considered for admission provided they have fulfilled the minimum criteria below:
- Completion or verification of work in progress for general education requirements
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.00
- Cumulative math and science GPA of 3.00
- Completion of Kaplan Admission Test (waived for those who have earned a Bachelors’ degree)
- Proof of CNA course completion* (license not required)
- Professional resume including volunteer work (when applicable)
- Criminal background check must be clear prior to admission to the nursing cohort
- Completion of an in-person interview
Concordia only accepts credit from regionally accredited institutions. All science prerequisites must be current within seven years from date of application. All math prerequisites must be current within ten years. General education requirements transferred from another institution do not expire.
*All students are required to complete a state-approved CNA training prior to the orientation to the nursing program. All students will be required to submit proof (certificate of completion) at the nursing orientation. The CNA training must meet the Oregon State Board of Nursing’s CNA instruction standards (80 classroom hours and 75 clinical hours).
For more information about our admissions process, contact our enrollment team.